In today’s “Modern” time, where most of us are equipped with modern technology but are not very well versed with the basic table etiquettes, unless you have taken a course in hotel management, or worked for a 5-star Hotel.
We present you a simple guide to equip yourself with the basic table etiquettes so that you don’t embarrass yourself by drinking water from another’s glass when yours is placed on your right-hand side, instead of left!
Setting the table properly by the using the right cutlery isn’t a rocket science. Just follow the simple instructions to assurance that you’re sitting pretty..
- Forks are placed on the left-hand side of the plate with the prongs facing upwards. The smaller fork is your salad fork and the slighter bigger one is your dinner fork.
- Knife & Spoon go on the right of each plate setting with the blades of the knife facing inwards towards the plate next to your dinner spoon.
- Plates are placed in the centre of the setting; with the side plate residing above your dinner plate.
- Glasses are positioned just above the dinner knife in a sequence of Water Glass, followed by your Red Wine Glass and White Wine Glass.
- Napkins are laid on the side plate (on left) or to one side of the glasses (on right).
- The dessert spoon and fork are sometimes put above the plate setting in order to save space on the table.
Now that you have understood the basics, you can easily pull off your own 5-star event in a grande style!
Tip of the day for a memorable and promising meal is- Place your mobiles & laptops away and converse with your partner and family.
Image Courtesy: www.houzz.com; www.housebeautiful.comShare this on WhatsApp